Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

Master Items Not Appearing in Published App

Hi All,

I am experiencing a strange issue.  When I publish an app all of the Master Dimensions and Master Measures are not in the published app.  The master visualizations are available but there are no Dimensions or Measures.  Has anyone else experienced this issue and know how to solve.  We use SecurityRules to control sheet level access in the published app, I am not sure how that would affect visibility of Master Items however.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Mark,

> We use SecurityRules to control sheet level access in the published app, I am not sure how that would affect visibility of Master Items however

This absolutely can impact master items (dimensions, measures, visualizations) as they are just App.Objects like Sheets are. Can you share the rule or rules that you use to control sheet level access?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Mark,

> We use SecurityRules to control sheet level access in the published app, I am not sure how that would affect visibility of Master Items however

This absolutely can impact master items (dimensions, measures, visualizations) as they are just App.Objects like Sheets are. Can you share the rule or rules that you use to control sheet level access?

m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Levi thanks for your answer.  I did not realize we were not giving users access to App.Objects for Measures and Dimensions. Thanks!

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Cool cool. For future folks reading here, the App.Object values which scope to Master Items (from https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/avail...😞 are:

• dimension = Master dimension
  • measure = Master measure
  • masterobject = Master visualization
john_oll
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Another hint, for anyone else running into another problem, of only some master items being visible

(resource.objectType = "masterobject" or resource.objectType = "dimension" or resource.objectType = "measure")

combined with

and resource.published = "true"

seems to bug out for SOME master measures ...  don't ask me how/why he considers some master items not published and others published.

But the solution seems to leave out the resource.published = "true"  condition for master items.