cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ali2022
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Master Visualization - preserve route

Hi, having some issues using a custom visualization as a master visualization. Would appreciate someone having a look at the steps below and letting me know if what i'm trying to do is possible. Thanks.

1.  Add custom visualization, log in , navigate to route that doesn't require authentication
  2. Save the visualization as a master visualization .
  3. Add a fresh instance of visualization from the master visualization menu

Expected: Visualisation opens on the non authenticated route I saved it on 

Actual: Visualization doesn't appear to remember the route it was saved on and opens at the root route.

Is there any configuration options that can tell the master visualisation to open in project on same route it was configured and saved in? 

Thanks for looking.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Ali2022
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Update for more context:
When using `backendApi.getProperties()`, we include a custom property as part of it called 'persistedData'. This allows us to configure last used route and custom settings when returning to the sheet. This all works as expected when using the custom visualisation normally, but it doesn't seem to be persisted when converting the visualisation to a master visualisation. 

To sum up, when I convert a visualisation to a master visualisation is it possible to persist any data other than the measures and dimensions used?