cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III

Max Value based on set analysis

Hi guys - I'm trying to work out how to show, on a text box, the field which relates to the MAX value within my data.

I currently have the following set analysis:

=Count({<CP_DateofReport={'04/12/2019'},CP_ReportName={'Req to Att'}>}CP_EventKey)

-

Count({<CP_DateofReport={'27/11/2019'},CP_ReportName={'Req to Att'}>}CP_EventKey)(CP_DateofReport is the date of each report which goes out weekly; CP_ReportName is the specific report I need to refer to; CP_EventKey is the unique ID of each patient and I use this to count).

The difference between the two counts for each report gives me a value - the highest of these values will be what I want to show as being the MAX - as an example, if my value was 7, I'd like the NAME of the exam (CP_ExamCombined) to show in the text box rather than the value itself...

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Labels (1)
  • max

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this (one of the parenthesis were misplaced)

image.png

=FirstSortedValue([CP_ExamCombined], -Aggr(RangeSum(Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'04/12/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>}[CP_EventKey]), -Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'27/11/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>} [CP_EventKey])), [CP_ExamCombined]))

View solution in original post

sunny_talwar

May be try adding a DISTINCT

=FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT [CP_ExamCombined], -Aggr(RangeSum(Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'04/12/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>}[CP_EventKey]), -Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'27/11/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>} [CP_EventKey])), [CP_ExamCombined]), 2)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

FirstSortedValue(CP_ExamCombined, -Aggr(RangeSum(Count({<CP_DateofReport = {'04/12/2019'}, CP_ReportName = {'Req to Att'}>}CP_EventKey), -Count({<CP_DateofReport = {'27/11/2019'}, CP_ReportName = {'Req to Att'}>} CP_EventKey), CP_ExamCombined))

jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny - this is resulting in an error in the text box:

'Error:  Error in expression:  Nested aggregation not allowed'

Any ideas?

Rgds

=FirstSortedValue([CP_ExamCombined], -Aggr(RangeSum(Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'04/12/2019'},

[CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>}[CP_EventKey])), -Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'27/11/2019'},

[CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>} [CP_EventKey]), [CP_ExamCombined]))

sunny_talwar

Try this (one of the parenthesis were misplaced)

image.png

=FirstSortedValue([CP_ExamCombined], -Aggr(RangeSum(Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'04/12/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>}[CP_EventKey]), -Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'27/11/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>} [CP_EventKey])), [CP_ExamCombined]))

jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Sunny!  

jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny - if I want to add the NEXT value down the list, is there any way I can do this?  So, using your great set analysis, I am pulling back the examcombined name of 'MPELV' which is indeed correct!  The next largest exam is also potentially causing us problems coming up, so I'd like to pull that one too into a text box.  Any ideas?  Many thanks as always.  Kind regards

sunny_talwar

May be this (Note the 2 at the end to pull the value associated with the 2nd largest number)

=FirstSortedValue([CP_ExamCombined], -Aggr(RangeSum(Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'04/12/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>}[CP_EventKey]), -Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'27/11/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>} [CP_EventKey])), [CP_ExamCombined]), 2)

jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny - that's pulling back a '-' in my text box, so not sure it's recognising it.  Any ideas?

sunny_talwar

May be try adding a DISTINCT

=FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT [CP_ExamCombined], -Aggr(RangeSum(Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'04/12/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>}[CP_EventKey]), -Count({<[CP_DateofReport] = {'27/11/2019'}, [CP_ReportName] = {'Req to Att'}>} [CP_EventKey])), [CP_ExamCombined]), 2)
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That works - thanks so much Sunny!!  Kind regards