Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohansoni649
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Merge two columns from same table into one column with their corresponding values

Hi,

I have a table which contains columns like Dealer No., Dealer Name, Model, Zone and their corresponding values(Throughput). The data is related to car services.

Let's suppose, I add a column "Dealer No." in a straight table and the throughput values and now I want to show the column "Zone" below "Dealer No." with the corresponding values(Throughput values) against "Zone".

rohansoni649_0-1708812385417.png

rohansoni649_1-1708812447049.png

Region Name is Zone actually.

So above all the pivot table and I want to append both so that Dealer and Region Name get append into one single column with their corresponding values date wise.

I want to send Nprinting reports to the user. I can't even hide the headers in QlikView or Nprinting pivot tables.

Output:

rohansoni649_3-1708812711270.png

Labels (3)
2 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @rohansoni649 

What you need to have in this case is all of those values in the same dimension, and have that dimension associate with the appropriate values in the source table.

Assuming that each Dealer can only belong in one Region you could do this after the existing load. This assumes you have a table called Throughput.

PivotDim:
LOAD DISTINCT
   Dual('Dealer', 1) as DimType,
   Dealer,
   Dealer as PivotDim
RESIDENT Throughput;

CONCATENATE(PivotDim)
LOAD DISTINCT
   Dual('Region', 2) as DimType,
   Dealer,
   Region as PivotDim
RESIDENT Throughput;

You can then use PivotDim as the dimension in the pivot and sort that dimension by DimType. Each dealer will link to itself in the new table, and each region will link to every dealer in that region.

There is a blog post I've written about this kind of technique which goes into more detail, should you want a longer read:
https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-accumulate-values/

Hope that helps,
Steve

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

"I want to send Nprinting reports to the user. I can't even hide the headers in QlikView or Nprinting pivot tables."

you have the option to hide table header >> add the tables as objects and not as images

places the  object tags on below the other

<object1>   <---- With title enabled

<object2>   <---- With title disabled

Or you can create a single table using an additional dimension

create in inline table as below

Load * inline [

TableDim

];

in chart use below expression as Dimension

=Pick(TableDim,Dealer,RegionName)  

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.