Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sophie_bd
Partner - Contributor III

Pivot table like a heatmap

Hello,

i have a pivot with 2 dimensions Country and ValueList('Famille','Sous-Famille', 'Segment')

with one expression : 

=
IF( ValueList('Famille','Sous-Famille', 'Segment') = 'Famille', [_AMOUNT (CC3 Famille NR)],
IF( ValueList('Famille','Sous-Famille', 'Segment') = 'Sous-Famille', [_AMOUNT (CC3 SS Famille NR)],
IF( ValueList('Famille','Sous-Famille', 'Segment') = 'Segment', [_AMOUNT (CC3 Segment NR)],
)))
/1000000

i want to colorize the pivot table like a heatmap so i use this expression : ColorMix1( rank(total column(1))/NoOfRows(TOTAL) , rgb(222,84,4), rgb(255,255,255))

but it doesn't work :

sophie_bd_0-1708608099716.png

do you have an idea for this problem ,

Thanks,

Sophie

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
theoat
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

So, in this case, you have just to do this :
vTableMax:
$(=max(aggr([Measure],Country)))
vTableMin
$(=min(alt(aggr([Measure],Country),0)))
Next, go to the background function of each column, add this:
=ColorMix1(([Measure]-$(MinTable))/($(MaxTable)-$(MinTable)),RGB(255,23,23),RGB(102,104,0))

View solution in original post

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi both,

I think that in order to work across the different values in the value list, that would also need to be added into the aggr statement. I don't think the aggr would be happy with a valuelist (but I've not tried it), but to make things simpler I would have the value list as a data island, created in the load script.

Simply add this to the load script:

CC3:
LOAD
  CC3
INLINE [
CC3
Famille
Sous-Famille
Segment
];

This will then give you a field in the data model you can add as a dimension to the pivot. Your expression then gets a whole lot tidier:

=IF(CC3 = 'Famille', [_AMOUNT (CC3 Famille NR)],
IF(CC3 = 'Sous-Famille', [_AMOUNT (CC3 SS Famille NR)],
IF(CC3 = 'Segment', [_AMOUNT (CC3 Segment NR)],
))) /1000000

Then the two variables that @theoat suggests you create would have the dimension referenced there also:

$(=max(aggr([Measure],Country,CC3)))

Hope that helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

5 Replies
theoat
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

First, calculate 2 variables that will calculate the maximum and minimum of your table (let's imagine with 3 measurements).
vTableMax:
$(=rangemax(max(aggr([Measure1],Country)),max(aggr([Measure2],Country)),max(aggr([Measure3],Country))))
vTableMin
$(=rangemin(min(alt(aggr([Nb méd or],DelegationFr),0)),min(alt(aggr([Nb méd argent],DelegationFr)),0),min(alt(aggr([Nb méd bronze],DelegationFr)),0)))
Next, go to the background function of each measure, and add this (example for the first measure):
=ColorMix1(([Measure1]-$(MinTable))/($(MaxTable)-$(MinTable)),RGB(255,23,23),RGB(102,104,0))

Now you just have to adapt to your case, this solution is functional on my side.
Capture d'écran 2024-02-22 152016.png

Enjoy your Qlik.

Kind regards,
Théo ATRAGIE.

sophie_bd
Author

Hello,

thanks for the answer, but i have only one mesure :

IF( ValueList('Famille','Sous-Famille', 'Segment') = 'Famille', [_AMOUNT (CC3 Famille NR)],
IF( ValueList('Famille','Sous-Famille', 'Segment') = 'Sous-Famille', [_AMOUNT (CC3 SS Famille NR)],
IF( ValueList('Famille','Sous-Famille', 'Segment') = 'Segment', [_AMOUNT (CC3 Segment NR)],
)))

Sophie

theoat
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

So, in this case, you have just to do this :
vTableMax:
$(=max(aggr([Measure],Country)))
vTableMin
$(=min(alt(aggr([Measure],Country),0)))
Next, go to the background function of each column, add this:
=ColorMix1(([Measure]-$(MinTable))/($(MaxTable)-$(MinTable)),RGB(255,23,23),RGB(102,104,0))

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi both,

I think that in order to work across the different values in the value list, that would also need to be added into the aggr statement. I don't think the aggr would be happy with a valuelist (but I've not tried it), but to make things simpler I would have the value list as a data island, created in the load script.

Simply add this to the load script:

CC3:
LOAD
  CC3
INLINE [
CC3
Famille
Sous-Famille
Segment
];

This will then give you a field in the data model you can add as a dimension to the pivot. Your expression then gets a whole lot tidier:

=IF(CC3 = 'Famille', [_AMOUNT (CC3 Famille NR)],
IF(CC3 = 'Sous-Famille', [_AMOUNT (CC3 SS Famille NR)],
IF(CC3 = 'Segment', [_AMOUNT (CC3 Segment NR)],
))) /1000000

Then the two variables that @theoat suggests you create would have the dimension referenced there also:

$(=max(aggr([Measure],Country,CC3)))

Hope that helps.

Steve

sophie_bd
Author

Hello both,

i use the two solution, Dimension in the script (AGGR is not aware with value list) and the two variables for colormix and it works.

sophie_bd_0-1708937148389.png

So thanks both