Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III

Minimum value of the month inside the year

Hello Everyone,

I need to calculate below:-

In chart i have Year as Dimension and Measure is Avg(Average Hourly Rate). We have data for 3 years.

Now i want to calculate Best of 2019 like below

In year 2019 , i have values for 12 months. So if the year is maximum , it should give me the minimum value for the months present in the latest year.

Can any one please help:-

For below , the maximum year is 2019, so it should return the ,minimum value from the months present in 2019.

Aspiring_Developer_0-1599660546486.png

@sunny_talwar  @Kushal_Chawda 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@Aspiring_Developer  try below. Create table with Dimension Year and below two expressions

// for value

=FirstSortedValue(aggr(sum({<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}Value),Year,MonthYear),aggr(sum({<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}Value),Year,MonthYear))

// for month

=FirstSortedValue(MonthYear,aggr(sum({<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}Value),Year,MonthYear))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@Aspiring_Developer  try below. Create table with Dimension Year and below two expressions

// for value

=FirstSortedValue(aggr(sum({<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}Value),Year,MonthYear),aggr(sum({<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}Value),Year,MonthYear))

// for month

=FirstSortedValue(MonthYear,aggr(sum({<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}Value),Year,MonthYear))
sunny_talwar

For Value, you can just do this

Min(Aggr(Sum({<Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}>} Value), Year, MonthYear))
Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@sunny_talwar 

It should return the minimum value ie.  like below Year 2020 , Feb2020 has the minimum value i.e 68843.196

Aspiring_Developer_0-1599663808330.png

sunny_talwar

What is this returning?

Min(Aggr(Sum({<Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}>} Value), Year, MonthYear))