Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danimarc12
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Missing data with query SQL

Hello everyone!

I have a big issue importing data in Qlik using a SQL query.

danimarc12_1-1668198752914.png

As you can see in the img attached, my query is running correctly. I see the last field Cliente_c with its values.

I copy and paste the same query in the Qlik editor:

danimarc12_3-1668198834604.png

I run the query, I save the data in a .qvd file, I load the .qvd file writing "NoConcatenate" after the name of the table and...

danimarc12_4-1668198998051.png

the filed Cliente_c is empty!
I'm getting mad 😭

Could anyone help me please?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I don't think that there is an issue with the qvd because quite probably there aren't any data which Qlik could store within this field. This means I assume that no data of this field arrive in Qlik. Like above mentioned it could happen if the wrong driver is used or if the driver isn't properly configured, for example a 32bit driver for 64bit data or reversed or the driver couldn't handle the data-type (therefore my suggestion to change the data in beforehand with any cast-function).

- Marcus 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

The last statement you do in your code is to DROP the table, which means you are removing your data from memory. Comment out the DROP statement and see if your values show. 

danimarc12
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you @Dalton_Ruer , 

I did it but the field is still empty. The whole table is full of data except this field.

marcus_sommer

I suggest to add something like len() or a to-string converting of this field into the select-part. Further applying a preceeding-part of:

load *, recno() as RecNo, rowno() as RowNo;
sql select ...;

and then using a table-box within the UI with these record-id's & the extra  check-fields + your missing field and some other relevant key-fields. With it you could comprehend which records are really loaded and which values are there.

If all wanted records are there and only this field has no values it hints for an inappropriate driver which couldn't handle this field.

- Marcus

danimarc12
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @marcus_sommer,

I didn't get your way, could you help me to follow it?

Basically I've noticed that the .qvd where I save the data is empty in that field. I think there's something wrong with Qlik. I mean, the query is absolutely correct.

This is HeidiSQL:

danimarc12_1-1668453195227.png

and this is Qlik:

danimarc12_0-1668453153788.png

As you can see, the field Cliente_c is empty in my .qvd. I can't understand what's wrong.

Also, the number of the rows imported is the same in HeidiSQL and in Qlik.

marcus_sommer

I don't think that there is an issue with the qvd because quite probably there aren't any data which Qlik could store within this field. This means I assume that no data of this field arrive in Qlik. Like above mentioned it could happen if the wrong driver is used or if the driver isn't properly configured, for example a 32bit driver for 64bit data or reversed or the driver couldn't handle the data-type (therefore my suggestion to change the data in beforehand with any cast-function).

- Marcus