cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrian_badger
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple data loads, with joins. Help!

Hi all.  I have an app which draws data from 4 separate input spreadsheets.  Setup as follows:

These 3 tables are all identical in terms of headers, just come from different database tables within our application:

Incident Management Extract.xlsx

Archive Testing SR.xlsx

Archive Testing Incident.xlsx

Within each of these, we have 2 tables:

[Incident Details]

[SLM]

The final table is a static mapping table - [Mapping Groups] that adds data based on some fields in the [Incident Details] table.

What I want to do is:

Bring in all 3 [Incident Details] tables - this is the master list of data.

Bring in all 3 [SLM] tables and map them to [Incident Details] using 'Incident ID' field which exists in both tables.

Bring in [Mapping Groups] and map the master list to this, where 'Assigned Group' matches between both.  If 'Assigned Group' in [Incident Details] is not in the [Mapping Group] table the record can be dropped/ignored.

This was all working in a previous incarnation of the app, where we only had one instance of [Incident Details] and [SLM].  Now we have 3 of each across 3 input files, I can't get the joins to work

My current thinking is to bring them all in to separate tables, and then somehow map them together.  However, the 'somehow' part is confusing me!  Does anyone have any pointers on how I can get started?  (I have got all the tables loading fine, and have validated that all data is present in each).

I realise this is very high level info - if more detail is needed please let me know

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
captain89
Creator
Creator

Hi,

can you attach a sample excel for all the tables please?

I think that you should concatenate 

Incident Management Extract.xlsx

Archive Testing SR.xlsx

Archive Testing Incident.xlsx

and this is your fact table. And then with mapping and applymap you can add some useful information about the incidents

MP