Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MacGyver
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need a Dimension Value as SetAnalysis Filter

Hi @ all...

I try to get delivery costs from our table, based on a order. So first of all, i try to describe our Datamodel.

Table "ShippingCosts" with Sample Data
%carrier deliver_to cost_per_pack
DHL DE 2,00
DHL NL 4,00
DHL ES 9,00
... ... ...
UPS DE 3,50
UPS NL 6,90
UPS ES 12,90
... ... ...

Next Table should be our Maintable:

Table "Orders" with Sample Data
%ordernumber delivered_country
123456 DE
123457 NL
123458 ES
... ...
123500 DE
123501 NL
... ...

There is one more Table:

Table "Tracking" with Sample Data
%ordernumber tracking_no %carrier
123456 456788 DHL
123456 456789 DHL
123456 456799 DHL
123457 456712 DHL
123458 456735 DHL
123500 456820 DHL
123456 1z0815123 UPS
123456 1z0815139 UPS
123501 1z0815124 UPS

Attention: Tracking count for 123456 = 3 items by DHL and 2 items by UPS ! (split delivery).

I tried to generate a Diagram Table to report the shipping cost by each Ordernumber.

My Dimension of corse: %ordernumber

My calculation shold match with a result like this:
sum({<[%carrier]={'%carrier'}, [deliverd_to]={'delivered_country'}>} shipping_cost) **

In this sample to ordernumber 12346 it would be:
(3x DHL to DE) + (2x UPS to DE) = (3x 2,00) + (2x 3,50) = 13,00 EUR.

** But you already could see - inserting a Dimension, does not work for this calculation.

I have got no Idea how to get this multidimension array into this formular.

Got anyone have a clou?

Regards,

Mirco

Mit besten Grüßen aus dem Münsterland,
Mirco
@| QV April 2020 SR3
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think that's not a use-case for a set analysis which is quite the same as a selection. Therefore I could imagine that approaches like:

count(tracking_no) * avg(cost_per_pack)

and possibly wrapped with an aggr() like:

sum(aggr(count(tracking_no) * avg(cost_per_pack), %ordernumber, %carrier))

might be more suitable.

Important will be in each case how the tables are associated which means that the relevant data-combinations are really available.

Personally I doubt that I would try to calculate it in this way and also separating these information into at least 3 tables else I would map the shipping-costs to each tracking_no - and afterwards a simple sum() would be enough.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think that's not a use-case for a set analysis which is quite the same as a selection. Therefore I could imagine that approaches like:

count(tracking_no) * avg(cost_per_pack)

and possibly wrapped with an aggr() like:

sum(aggr(count(tracking_no) * avg(cost_per_pack), %ordernumber, %carrier))

might be more suitable.

Important will be in each case how the tables are associated which means that the relevant data-combinations are really available.

Personally I doubt that I would try to calculate it in this way and also separating these information into at least 3 tables else I would map the shipping-costs to each tracking_no - and afterwards a simple sum() would be enough.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

This would be easier if you can create a composite key in your data model to map cost based on Carrier and DeliverTo

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
MacGyver
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for replying my question. @Marcus1 has the closest idea to inspire my thoughts on this task.

It's not realy working, what i was to get with this solution, but we recognised that we are on an absolute wrong way.

In our case, we need to calculate a sum of shippingcosts. This is only in the moment of wrinting this order to our database, the right way. One time a year - we get new shipping rates. So in fact - after some years, we need the archieved shipping coast - not the current.

So we decide to resolve this in our ERP System. Our order-database will get a new fiel "payed_shippingcosts" on an other step in our workflow. At least - i just get read this field for my analytics.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Mit besten Grüßen aus dem Münsterland,
Mirco
@| QV April 2020 SR3