Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Data

Hello All

Please help me in the below query. I read the qlik documents but still confused.

I have connected ODBC with Qlik Sense. In SQL the data is updated every day. As there are millions of data approx 200 million data, I need to load the new data only so that it takes less time to upload the data in qvd.

I have created a variable using LET statement which contains maximum date. I am using the variable in the where statement to get the new data.

The problem I am facing is when I load the data first time; it loads the data successfully in it. But when I load the data multiple times the output is different sometimes it load all data sometimes 0 data

Ideally when I load the data again and again, the output shows 0 upload because the new data is uploaded.

I don’t have the qvd as the qvd is in other environment.

Can someone please guide the best method for incremental load in qvd and correct me also.

sunindia

swuehl

I will be grateful if someone attach the qvd where the above example suits

Thanks

Deepanshu

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand the issue completely.

The problem I am facing is when I load the data first time; it loads the data successfully in it. But when I load the data multiple times the output is different sometimes it load all data sometimes 0 data

Incremental load will only incrementally load new data. If you don't have any new data, 0 rows retrieved from the data should not be a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply!!

The issue is when I load the data first time it loads the new data

But when I load it again it shows that data is loaded again which is not correct. The output must be 0 ideally

As per me the mistake is creating the variable and passing the variable

I have created a variable which picks the maximum post date from the table

I have passed this variable in the script in where clause as

Postdate> Max variable

Can you please brief me with the example how to go for it?

Thanks a ton in advance

Deepanshu

maxgro
MVP
MVP

You can find an example here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/use-QVD-files-incremental-load...

and here

http://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/09/qlikview-incremental-load/

But when I load it again it shows that data is loaded again which is not correct. The output must be 0 ideally

As per me the mistake is creating the variable and passing the variable

I think you should post the script (or a screenshot) and specify the database

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks sir!!

The script is in my client system, that's why I am not able to give screenshot & script.

Somehow the discussion shows the Assumed Answer, but I did not get the answer

Please suggest