Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vrnvlk
Contributor II
Contributor II

New distinct ID count over several years/months/days

Hi everyone! 

I'm facing an issue with a chart that I would need help with. 

I have a bar chart where the time dimension can be changed to year/half year/quarter/month/week/day etc. by a variable. The measure shows the distinct count of IDs which have a demand per selected time dimension. The formular is count({<demand={1}>} distinct FAHRGESTELLNR_17)

vrnvlk_0-1721209439230.png

What I would like to have is a stacked bar chart where I can see how many distinct IDs are new each year/month/day ... (depending on the selected time dimension). For example if I have 'month' as time dimension the bar chart should look something like this:

vrnvlk_1-1721209803641.png

so the red stack should display, how many new distinct IDs came up that month and the blue one how many appeard already in previous months. 

I'm not sure how to do that, especially with the dynamic time dimension 

Any help is much appreciated!

Labels (1)
1 Reply
SterreKapteijns
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I would assume you would need to have 2 measures in the chart, one measure for the 'old' ID's and one measure for the 'new' ID's. Do you have a datefield from which you can determine whether the ID is new? If so, you would need to include a set expression in the measure that compares the value..

But I'm a bit unsure about the context, could you explain more about the intention of the chart? You say you need to visualize the ID's that have demand in a certain timeframe, and you need to display the new ID's.