Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therealdees
Creator III
Creator III

No image when exporting sheet as .pdf while using Grouped Container Box (extensions overall)

Hi!

I've been having this issue for a while and still haven't found a solution. If anyone could advise me I'd be very thankful.

I've downloaded an extension called 'Grouped Container Box', which is pretty useful, but has this limitation that whenever I try to download the sheet as a .pdf, it doesn't show the container itself, neither its content.

I suspected it could be something related to the Content Security Policy that needs to be authorized in the management console...

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Any export extension won't show for all tabs in container and required additonal functionality (Example, Javascript). This might be limitation with that!

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
therealdees
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil, thanks for the reply

I'm not actually using an extension as a .pdf exporter, but trying to download the sheet by using Qliks native "download as .pdf" button. The extension I'm using is to be able to group different objects inside a single container, but when I try to export the sheet the container nor the objects are exported...

I just tried to tweek something in the extension code following this link:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.0/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Howtos/extensions-enab...

But still not success 😕

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like I said, the native of export is to export only that is visible and not subcontent (Example, Container - If you have 3 tabs in it, It won't export).

For this, you have to use an example, NPrinting, that will allow you to add multi tabs as a work around.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
therealdees
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The issue with NPrinting is that it's paid and the people I work with are not willing to buy it...

What do you recommend me to study/look into that'd solve my problem? I trying to send these reports by email using qlik automation. The automation works perfectly, except for displaying the extension objects...

When you mentioned JavaScript, is it about editing the .js file that usually comes with the extensions? If so, could you provide me with more details?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Since this is native, Javascript not in scope as that is product code. Anyway, You can see Mashup If that can be added the functionality and embed the Iframe where you want. Unfortunately, otherwise I don't have any other comments!

therealdees
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I see.

And if I embed the charts in a html page, could I still generate a report using Qlik Automation somehow? I mean, using the default connections and functions Qlik Automation provides, or would I have to work in a separated environment, using for example JavaScript?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, With native Qlik functionality - It is not how this works. otherwise, likewise you have to design such a way with JS.