Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

NullAsValue not working

Hello
I got a table that has column that contains null values (field name is called Matching)
Users want when they put this dimension in a Table to be able to select null values
however the below script doesn't seem to work
isn't supposed for the Matching when value is null to display NULL and users can filter on NULL?
Kindly advise

null_as_avalue.PNGnull_value.PNG

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

There could be several cause for this

1) If your load is optimized. In optimized load Qlik does not perform row by row checking due to which Mapping of NULL value not possible using this approach. To solve this either you can follow different approach like manually provide condition using isnull function or simply apply  where condition in load as Where 1=1 then this approach will work

2) If you already have unoptimized  load and still this approach is not working then you need to check that your NULL values are actually NULL or having white spaces. If so you need to manually convert it to NULL using below condition

if(len(trim(Matching))=0,'NULL',Matching)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Are you loading data from QVD or other source?

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Yes I'm loading data from a QVD file

Kushal_Chawda

There could be several cause for this

1) If your load is optimized. In optimized load Qlik does not perform row by row checking due to which Mapping of NULL value not possible using this approach. To solve this either you can follow different approach like manually provide condition using isnull function or simply apply  where condition in load as Where 1=1 then this approach will work

2) If you already have unoptimized  load and still this approach is not working then you need to check that your NULL values are actually NULL or having white spaces. If so you need to manually convert it to NULL using below condition

if(len(trim(Matching))=0,'NULL',Matching)

LeeRoyMalgas_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, @ali_hijazi , were you helped?

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Honestly I cannot remember
the post was made back in 2020!!
I need to check; I will get back to you