Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leciamic
Contributor
Contributor

ODAG advantage

Hi all,

I rode about #ODAG last week because I didnt know it. I understand that principle is have 2 application. But I still don´t see advantage this approach over one app with i.e. introduction sheet with filters where user make selection and then specific sheet that apply user selection. So one app instead of two?

Thank you for the explanation of this approach

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

ODAG allows you to only generate the second app after a set of selections has been made, and those selections are passed to the child app. This is useful for situations where there's too much information to include in one app, or when you want to query the database directly when the user selects the parameters rather than pre-load the values into Qlik, for example.

This is covered more extensively in Qlik's documentation, and blog posts such as https://adventuresinqlik.com/2018/10/08/on-demand-app-generation-odag/ - just search the internet for Qlik ODAG and read/watch the content.

leciamic
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you OR for your reply

But I still don´t see advantage. I read some articles about it and understand I have to created two apps (selection and template). But I can replace selection app with selection sheet and template app with template sheet, not? So why use another app?

Thank you 

Or
MVP
MVP

"This is useful for situations where there's too much information to include in one app, or when you want to query the database directly when the user selects the parameters rather than pre-load the values into Qlik, for example."

leciamic
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your reply but I am still confused with first part of your anwer too much information to include in one app. You have to create selection app with too much information and then another app with fewer information according to selection but still one app have too much information or not?

ejosowitz
Contributor
Contributor

You don't load row-level record data in the Selector app, just aggregate values and enough details for driving the filtering.