Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimAdlhochVPH
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pasting Text from Word to Qlik Sense Sheets

We're creating glossary type sheets for the KPI's and dashboards in Qlik Sense.

I've created simple MS Word documents with the definitions, and copying them to the clipboard.

On pasting them into the Qlik Sense Sheet, there are random instances of words being concatenated together. I'm not able to determine if there is a connection between the text and the spaces between words being removed. Fortunately, when pasting the text, the red underlining shows; however, if it is saved and re-edited, the red underlining disappears making corrections difficult to spot.

I've searched the archives to the best of my ability without success. Any ideas of what is causing this? I thought it would be simple to use a word processor and then copy/paste text into Qlik Sense.

The attachment shows screen grabs, one from Word and the other (with red errors indicated) Qlik Sense after pasting from Word.

A secondary test was conducted where we used TXT only files created in Word, and when pasting in to the Qlik Sense sheet, the same seemingly random concatenation took place.

0 Replies