Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krisslax
Contributor II
Contributor II

Plotting dates into a calendar table

So, I have an absence table, which I'd like to load into a calendar type table plotting how much resource we have available on a particular day.

Absence Table:

EMP_NO DATE_FROM DATE_TO DURATION
1 01/01/2023 03/01/2023 3
2 03/01/2023 04/01/2023 2
3 02/01/2023 02/01/2023 1
1 15/02/2023 15/02/2023 1
2 22/02/2023 23/02/2023 2
3 23/02/2023 25/02/2023 3

My plan is to load each date in the next 2 weeks from today from a master calendar.  So if I was to pick a particular date from this calendar on chart/filter, a table will be able to show me how many people are on annual leave.

So for example from the table above:

On the 01/01/2023, it would show Employee 1 on leave.

On the 02/01/2023, it would show Employees 1 and 3 on leave.

I've been playing with the data but honestly don't even know where to start with it.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

you have to generate the records which comes under that date range

try below

Load EMP_NO, DATE_FROM, DATE_TO, date(DATE_FROM + IterNo() - 1) as ABSENCE_DATE 

From table_name

while DATE_FROM + IterNo() - 1 <= DATE_TO;

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PrashantSangle

you have to generate the records which comes under that date range

try below

Load EMP_NO, DATE_FROM, DATE_TO, date(DATE_FROM + IterNo() - 1) as ABSENCE_DATE 

From table_name

while DATE_FROM + IterNo() - 1 <= DATE_TO;

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
krisslax
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Prashant - that's fantastic, thank you so much, that really put things in perspective for me and gives me a great start to this analysis.  Really appreciate you taking the time to provide the solution.