Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olivier_vincon
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Problem with full outer join

Hello,

I have a problem in my script between table ORDRE and VOYAGE with the key 'VOYCLE', the only key between these 2 tables.

Normally, the join by default is a full OUTER JOIN in QlikSense but I don't see all the value of the key VOYCLE where VOYETAT = 'ES'

VOYAGE:
LOAD VOYCLE, *
FROM [$(PathQVD)voyage.qvd](qvd)
where
match(VOYETAT,'E','ES','I','P')

I have tried 

Right Join(ORDRE)

LOAD VOYCLE, *
FROM [$(PathQVD)voyage.qvd](qvd)
where
match(VOYETAT,'E','ES','I','P')

But totally the same problem.

If I try to concatenate to table VOYAGE only the datas with the VOYETAT = 'ES', finally I have the same problem, because Qlik apply a INNER JOIN and I don't know why.

Could you tell me please ?

Best regards,

Michel 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
olivier_vincon
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, I have isolated the problem. And it comes from the reduction of datas on the table ORDRE in the script because we have null values of VOYCLE when VOYETAT = ES in the table VOYAGE. So I have to concatenate the table ORDRE with these values.

Thank you

View solution in original post

4 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi!

A join in Qlik is done by all fields with the same name.

To give one field (like VOYCLE in your example) is not enough.

So rename the field you want to load but have the same name or select only fields that are necessary.

You can see which fields are match if you load the datas without join. Then you can see in data model which fields are linked.

Regards

olivier_vincon
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I have VOYCLE in the 2 tables ORDRE and VOYAGE. It is not the problem but the right join doesn't work, also OUTER JOIN that is by default with Qlik

Anil_Babu_Samineni

How is the table looks like for "ORDRE" table. Can you please share full script of yours?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
olivier_vincon
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, I have isolated the problem. And it comes from the reduction of datas on the table ORDRE in the script because we have null values of VOYCLE when VOYETAT = ES in the table VOYAGE. So I have to concatenate the table ORDRE with these values.

Thank you