Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoji
Contributor
Contributor

QLIK Sense Unknown Error on reload

Hi

I have a couple of Qlik Sense Applications running on the windows server version that are failing to save when reloading (not all).

When I click the "Load Data" button in the Data load editor it seems to work fine until it gets to the end of the Data Load progress. the "Saving app..." appears for a brief second before it get overridden by the text "Unknown error".

Below is the contents on the Data load progress dialog on "Load data"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started loading data

Connected stay << QueryResult
Lines fetched: 364,108 Creating search index Search index creation completed successfully
Unknown error

Data has not been loaded. Please correct the error and try loading again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it does not seem to have anything to do with the data connectors as i even tried commenting out every line in the script editor which gave me the same result.
Im not sure if something is locking the files in order to update or not. I even tried restarting server services with no success. 

Would someone be able to shine some light on this issue as i cannot find anything on the web or forum about this.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_Z
Support
Support

just come here to update the solution after working with Yoji. 

In  a few of past cases with the error, it is found to be related to some security program or service, such as Trend Micro  or Microsoft Defender. You may try to disable these services to verify and then configure the exclusion as following:

Antivirus exclusions in Qlik product deployments

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Antivirus-exclusions-in-Qlik-product-deployments/ta-p/1...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Yoji 

Could it be possible to use Chrome and press F12, and verify what you see in the Dev tools (console tab).

Have you checked that the Apps folder under the Shared folder has the correct privileges and that nothing was changed by mistake ( service account should have full privileges).

Other thing it would be to check the logs to see if something there could have more details about what is causing the error.

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
mtamni
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Yoji,

Have you found a solution for this issue ? I've the same reloading data from qmc is OK but not from the script editor.

Best Regards.

Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Yoji, you could try this article to determine if your files are being locked by another process.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/File-Access-and-Process-Monitoring-How-to-find-locked-f...
Vicky_Z
Support
Support

just come here to update the solution after working with Yoji. 

In  a few of past cases with the error, it is found to be related to some security program or service, such as Trend Micro  or Microsoft Defender. You may try to disable these services to verify and then configure the exclusion as following:

Antivirus exclusions in Qlik product deployments

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Antivirus-exclusions-in-Qlik-product-deployments/ta-p/1...

SDT
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am having this problem with Qlik Cloud. I can't imagine security software on the local PC is preventing loading on our tenant. 

Any other suggestions?

SDT
Contributor III
Contributor III

Turns out the problem (for me) was related to an 'improvement' on the SaaS side. My case has been resolved.

Your case # 000XXXXX: App failing to save has been updated with a new comment. 

New Case Comment :

Hi Stephen,The issue was triggered by an internal improvement to the persistent layer of apps. In some apps, the internal structures were larger than expected and could not be saved correctly and an error was returned. The fix includes handling these large structures correctly while persisting.Apologies for the inconvenience this caused. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.Thank you!