cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mskusace
Creator
Creator

QVD - Append New Rows or Delete and Append Updated Rows

I have 4 monthly reports that I run which feed into multiple apps.  Each of the reports either has a "ReportDate" or "AcctPeriod" column to identify the date. 

ReportDate Example: 2019-12-19

AcctPeriod Example: 201912

Reports:

A.xlsx (30 columns)

B.xlsx (25 columns)

C.xlsx (20 columns)

D.xlsx (40 columns)

Folder Structure:

Main (This is where the apps read the data from)

2019-12-02 (Archive of historical data)

2019-12-09 (Archive of historical data)

Current Process

The current process is that I have one file for each app that has the current month's data only, no historical. I read the data from Excel (.xlsx) files. Each month, I place the Excel file into an archive folder with the date of that report. Then, I overwrite the main file with the new month's data which my apps read.

Desired Result

I would like to store the data for each of the reports in their on respective QVD file so I can track historical data as well based on the "ReportDate" or "AcctPeriod".

Assistance Needed - Proposed Solution

For each report, I would like to create a QVD file that will either append OR delete and append data. Sometimes I have to update the reports if there are issues so if the "ReportDate" or "AcctPeriod" exists in the QVD file and any of the rows are different, then delete all the rows for that "ReportDate" or "AcctPeriod" and append the updated data to the QVD for that same "ReportDate" or "AcctPeriod". If the "ReportDate" or "AcctPeriod" does not exist in the QVD file, then append the data to the QVD. 

If there are better ways of doing this, I am definitely open to suggestions. This would allow me to track month over month changes instead of a snapshot view of the current month.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
mskusace
Creator
Creator
Author

This should actually be in the Qlik Sense App Development section. My mistake! I'm not sure how to move it without deleting it and creating a new topic.