Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yash92
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Data Modeling with Link table

I have three tables in my app :

1. Employee{Employee ID, Employee Name, TL ID}
  2. Team Lead{TL ID, Team Lead Name, Manager ID}
  3. Manager{Manager ID, Manger Name}

Now I have a requirement where there should be only one filter Employee Name which should contain the Name from all three tables: Employee, Team LEAD and Manager and on selection the corresponding name should be filtered and should reflect in all the charts. We cannot merge these tables as they contain many other columns which I have not mentioned here just for keeping it simple.

What should be the best data model for this so that all three are associated and the employee name is picked from all three tables.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

That there are further fields within the mentioned tables does not mean that it's not possible and sensible to merge them - horizontally and/or vertically - because these data belong together. Depending on the requirements it might be the opposite of trivial to create a suitable data-model. The following links should be useful to handle this kind of data:

Hierarchies - Qlik Community - 1487801

IntervalMatch and Slowly Changing Dimensions - Qlik Community - 1479928

The As-Of Table - Qlik Community - 1466130

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

That there are further fields within the mentioned tables does not mean that it's not possible and sensible to merge them - horizontally and/or vertically - because these data belong together. Depending on the requirements it might be the opposite of trivial to create a suitable data-model. The following links should be useful to handle this kind of data:

Hierarchies - Qlik Community - 1487801

IntervalMatch and Slowly Changing Dimensions - Qlik Community - 1479928

The As-Of Table - Qlik Community - 1466130