Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjdench
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik SAAS Exporting Story to PDF issue, variable value being ignored

Hi,

Wonder if anyone has come across this issue before.

In my app i have a date variable which i can use as a reporting end date, for example, any values after this date is removed from calculations using set analysis. This is because we can have incomplete data for some months and only report quarterly.

Everything works fine in the app, we can add the sheets into a story and still looks ok. But when we export the story to pdf it seems to use the original date variable value and not the value entered by the user in the app!

Has anyone come across this before, is this a bug or is there a work around? 

Only suggestion i can think is to load the reporting cutoff date in our data instead of letting the user choose with a variable.

#saas #qliksense #pdf

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @jjdench

This is a known limitation in Qlik Sense on Windows, I believe it probably works the same way in SAAS:-, embedded sheets keep selections at the time of the creation of the story

How are Qlik Sense Stories exported to PDF and PPT

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-are-Qlik-Sense-Stories-exported-to-PDF-and-PPT/ta-p/1792...

Hope it helps. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @jjdench

This is a known limitation in Qlik Sense on Windows, I believe it probably works the same way in SAAS:-, embedded sheets keep selections at the time of the creation of the story

How are Qlik Sense Stories exported to PDF and PPT

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-are-Qlik-Sense-Stories-exported-to-PDF-and-PPT/ta-p/1792...

Hope it helps. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm