cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Charts are not counting unique values

I have a bar chart that is acting as if I input the DISTINCT function into my set analysis when I haven't. There are 2 'Alerts' that have records in 2 different 'Areas', so the alert key is doubled, but the chart only counts them once each. If i break up the set analysis by one of the dimensions and add them together the count works properly. I can't find a setting or something that explains this behavior. Anyone else have this happen? How can I make it count them?

sique132_0-1623360984314.png

sique132_1-1623360994736.png

sique132_2-1623361003150.png

sique132_3-1623361014618.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Hi, are you sure your AlertKeys appear once per AreaResponsible in your data model?

If you have a one-to-many relationship in your data, this behaviour would be normal.

Regards

View solution in original post

sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You know, actually the %AlertKey is distinct, we link the area responsible on another field that isn't so that's probably the issue, thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Hi, are you sure your AlertKeys appear once per AreaResponsible in your data model?

If you have a one-to-many relationship in your data, this behaviour would be normal.

Regards

sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You know, actually the %AlertKey is distinct, we link the area responsible on another field that isn't so that's probably the issue, thanks.