Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Charts are not counting unique values

I have a bar chart that is acting as if I input the DISTINCT function into my set analysis when I haven't. There are 2 'Alerts' that have records in 2 different 'Areas', so the alert key is doubled, but the chart only counts them once each. If i break up the set analysis by one of the dimensions and add them together the count works properly. I can't find a setting or something that explains this behavior. Anyone else have this happen? How can I make it count them?

sique132_0-1623360984314.png

sique132_1-1623360994736.png

sique132_2-1623361003150.png

sique132_3-1623361014618.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Hi, are you sure your AlertKeys appear once per AreaResponsible in your data model?

If you have a one-to-many relationship in your data, this behaviour would be normal.

Regards

View solution in original post

sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You know, actually the %AlertKey is distinct, we link the area responsible on another field that isn't so that's probably the issue, thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Hi, are you sure your AlertKeys appear once per AreaResponsible in your data model?

If you have a one-to-many relationship in your data, this behaviour would be normal.

Regards

sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You know, actually the %AlertKey is distinct, we link the area responsible on another field that isn't so that's probably the issue, thanks.