Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ca386807
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense - Defer Filter Selections execution until button is clicked

I'm looking for the Qlik Sense functionality that allows for deferring filter selections until a button is clicked.  For example, say there are three filters (Date, Region, Sales Dept.), rather than update the visuals as each filter selection is made, is there functionality available to defer those selections being executed until the user clicks a 'Run Query' button?

I'm looking to incorporate this functionality with Direct Query, which operates by pushing down SQL code to our cloud database - so rather than pushing down code every time a filter selection is made, those selections are deferred until the 'Run Query' button is clicked - minimizing the amount of time the DB is hit during interaction.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vishal_Gupta
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I think this is what will help you 

https://community.vizlib.com/support/solutions/articles/35000134704-vizlib-custom-report-properties-...

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a SOLUTION and leave a LIKE!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vishal_Gupta
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@ca386807 not sure if this is possible by default but i have seen a similar functionality provided in Vizlib extensions.

If this needs to implanted natively in Qlik then you might need to look at Qlik Api's

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a SOLUTION and leave a LIKE!
ca386807
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok, thank you for your response.  Any idea which Vizlib extension might offer similar functionality?

Vishal_Gupta
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I think this is what will help you 

https://community.vizlib.com/support/solutions/articles/35000134704-vizlib-custom-report-properties-...