Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeonardoHorsa
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense February 2021 - Merge functionality

Hi all,

Qlik Sense February 2021 has  a new functionality, regarding the Qlik Sense Engine, that is call Merge, can someone explain how it works?

Below the description:

Merge command script: A new “Merge" command in Qlik script that allows changed data to be loaded into a Qlik application without having to reload the entire data model. Note: This is only the engine functionality and for commercial use it will need additional functionality to allow "partial reload" to be exposed for scheduled reloads vs. via API.

Thanks

6 Replies
denisb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, 

where did you find the release notes or this information? 

Thanks

rgarcia_espublico
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Now it's official.

See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptPref...

About partial reload, it's supported by using the Qlik Engine JSON API, or the Reload button.

msKarthikeyan
Employee
Employee

Hi Rgarcia,

Not sure if you have figured this out already. 

An action is incldued in the button object which can be used to reload the applicaiton. Partial reload option is also available.   

Regards,

Karthik 

SteveCarlsberg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karthik ,

Could you further explain what this part means: "for commercial use it will need additional functionality to allow "partial reload" to be exposed for scheduled reloads". Is this something you are planning to add later? I'm personally eagerly waiting for an option to trigger partial reloads from qmc, is this anywhere on your roadmap?

-Steve

msKarthikeyan
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve,

What is the use case you have? 

The partial reload options is exposed via API call. Its not available for scheduled reloads via QMC. 

The meaning of additional functionality is that you need to write some scripts/ programs for partial reloads that you need to run in a schedule. 

Regards,

Karthik 

SteveCarlsberg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the response. 

We have a data input component separate from QS, and we would like to reload any modified data to QS as fast as possible. In our tests we have seen the partial reload to be significantly faster than a "normal" incremental load using QVD-files (I expect with this merge functionality to be even faster).

However, we can't use the partial reload in production, since it is not offered via the Repository API / QMC. We would need it there as our infrastructure is built to use the Repository API in order to use the scheduler, load balancing and logging functionalities, among others. I don't know much about Qlik infra, but I don't understand why partial reload can't be done via the Repository API / QMC.

-Steve