Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaturnV
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Max parallel Sessions exceeded via Engine API (Websockets)

Hi all,

my goal is, to preload Qlik Sense Apps via the Engine API and Websockets with the "OpenDoc" Method (Loading big apps into the Servers RAM to open fast as the users open it) with an Windows Console App (C#). The problem is that I only can preload 5 apps, because the limit of Qlik Sense Session is 5. The response from the API after trying to connect for the 6th time is "OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded". For every new App to load, I need to open a new Websocket connection and thereby a Session. If I am trying to open multiple apps via one websocket connection (and session), the first app opens as expected the next requests in this session responde with "App already open". Even the closing of the websocket connection does not seem to end the Qlik Sense Session. Maybe this is because the websocket state after closing is "CloseSent" and not "Closed".

I already tried to deallocate the license from the service user, to prevent incresing Session Limit (5). But as soon as I connect to Qlik with the account, the license will automatically be allocated again.

Any other ideas?

We are using Qlik Sense Enterprise November 2020.

Best regards

Julian

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Did you find any solution for this ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Did you find any solution for this ?

JanJorissen
Support
Support

Hi Julian

There should be no automatic license allocation unless there is a rule for it.

I would check the allocation rules and exclude the service account from it.

SaturnV
Author

Hi Jan,

the problem when I dont allocate a license for the service user is, that it then cant even access qlik anymore. It just gets a access denied. So no allocatation is also not the solution.

Would be great, if Qlik would offer the possibility so edit the session limit.

Best
Julian