Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cje
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense - Simple Table total row

Good evening everyone,

In Sense simple table object, standard total row is never exported to excel.The only way to get a Total row in your export is to create it by yourself as a new member in the displayed dimension.

The idea is to bypass and uncheck the Total row generated automatically by Sense and always get the Total row calculated and displayed (so available for export) whatever dimensions values are selected. I could add a new row specific to the Total usage for the dimension in the script but I want to know first if this could be achieved using calculation formulas in the sheets.

I have tried many solution by formulas and I found one (see attached). Works well as far as you don't select any value in the simple table dimension used for calculations. But I am still facing the case where you select a value in the dimension, which breaks my calculation logic.

Any idea to help me solve this would be welcome !

Thanks in advance.

regards.

Chris

1 Reply
cje
Employee
Employee
Author

Additional comment : I could recreate the total row in Excel of course, but I am thinking about the case where this can't be achieved because the total is the result of a complex  calculation in Qlik Sense, not a simple sum.

There is an example in the attached App. You need QS version feb 21 to have it work fine.

Thanks.