Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Qlik Sense - drill down dimension

Hello,

mto

I'm noting it's not possible to apply a dynamic label for each field in drill-down master item dimension.

I'm using Qlik Sense Server February 2018 patch 1 version.

I guess it's a missing feature!

How can I achieve it?

Many Thanks.

BR

Andrea

24 Replies
LCauch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @stevedark ,

I can't use a drill down as my dimensions are not as simple as [Country], but more like pick($vVariable, Country, Date).  So the label is not what I want the user to see.

The master item dimension seems to do the trick, I'll need to check if it's better to have one big master item dimension with pick statement in it or 2/3 as alternative dimension (Any advice ?).

I knew that the title is not dynamically linked to which alternative measure you select so no surprise for the dimension. My titles don't need to be linked, no problem on this point.

Thanks for your replies, it helps me a lot and others as well 🙂

Leo

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Cheers @LCauch 

I would code it all in a single Master Dimension, this then gives you the maximum control over how things display and what legends appear.

Good luck!

LCauch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @stevedark ,

Thanks again for your help, It is working fine as expected. I have a last problem though. In my dimension, I am using a pick statement like below:

Pick($(VarA), Class, Last2Months) where

• Last2Months is a formula where I take only the last 100 days using Aggr(Only(<DimDate={">=$(AddMonths(Max(DimDate),-2))"}, DimDate)) 
  • Class is a String dimension. 

Last2Months isn't working as my date is not in date format but in string format. If I write  Pick($(VarA), Class, DimDate) instead I have the date in string format. If I change DimDate by date(DimDate), I get my date format. But I get all the date and not the last 2 months .I tried to put date(DimDate) inside my Aggr formula, it is still not working. 

Is there a known issue with string and date dimensions in the same master dimension ? If yes, any workaround ?

Thanks,

Leo

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @LCauch 

When you say Last2Months is a formula, how is the formula contained in there? Is it a variable? If so, it will need to be expanded with dollar brackets. This will, I think, fail though, as the comma in the expression will be taken as part of the pick statement. 

For the set analysis to work it needs to be a date format field not a string. This needs to be set in the load script, not the dimension. Test the dimension by using it outside the dimension toggle rather than having two lots of complexity. 

Does the last two months need to be dependent on selections? If not you could create a field that contains dates if they fall in the last two months and null if not. The chart then can simply be changed so that this firmed is used as a dimension and nulls are ignored. 

Hope that helps point you in the right direction. 

Steve

LCauch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Steve, 

No the last2months is not a variable or dimension, the formula is in my masterdimension. So my masterdimension is : Pick($(VarA), Class, Aggr(Only(<DimDate={">=$(AddMonths(Max(DimDate),-2))"}, DimDate))) I wrote Last2months to make it easier to understand. 

I am already using the date() function in the data load editor, my DimDate dimension is already in the date format. If I use the Last2months formula alone or even if I change my Class dimension with the Month dimension in my pick statement ( Pick($(VarA), DimMonth, Aggr(Only(<DimDate={">=$(AddMonths(Max(DimDate),-2))"}, DimDate)))     ), it is working. It seems that it is because I have the Class dimension in string format that it breaks.

I thought about loading it in the data load editor, but I want it to be dependent of the year selected, so that if I select 2020, I have the last 2 months of 2020, same if I select 2019. 

Any thoughts ? May be it is not possible to do it that way, but I found it weird to have this kind of basic format conflict. 

Thanks,

Leo