cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anusree_s
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik connection to bigquery

Is there a possibility of connecting to bigquery live,  in such a way that we don't have to schedule data load jobs. Is there a way that we can avoid having to stage the data in qlik sense.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

I don't think you need to have a staging layer, once you have a connection created, you can load directly in your Qlik Sense App. No need to stage your data in QVD etc if you don't want. You can setup reload task which can refresh your app at defined frequency as minimum as 10-15 mins or every hour or so. But overall performance depends on the data volume/RAM/CPU size etc.

Digvijay_Singh_0-1633696404409.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Never got chance to work on that but I see good documentation in Qlik help site - 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/Google...

Thanks,

Anusree_s
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This talks about the connector which pull data from  bigquery either by manual refresh or scheduled refresh. Is there any live connections option where we dont need to refresh the data and avoid the staging layer

Digvijay_Singh

I don't think you need to have a staging layer, once you have a connection created, you can load directly in your Qlik Sense App. No need to stage your data in QVD etc if you don't want. You can setup reload task which can refresh your app at defined frequency as minimum as 10-15 mins or every hour or so. But overall performance depends on the data volume/RAM/CPU size etc.

Digvijay_Singh_0-1633696404409.png

Anusree_s
Contributor
Contributor
Author

When the data is saved in the Qlik sense app instead of saving in a qvd file, will it always do a full load when we reload the data?