Qlik Community

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
QLIKWORLD LIVE! MAY 16 - 19TH, EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harshal_hajare
Partner
Partner

Qliksense-Ignore filter selection not working

Hello,

 

There is simple expression in Qliksense pivot table, in which I want to bypass selections made in those fields. There are 8 fields which I don't want my below expression to change. It works perfectly fine on 7 fields but surprisingly on 1 field it doesn't work. All fields are in same table. 

Count({<field1,....field8, date={">=$(Mindt)<=$(maxdt)"}>} customerid)

Here when I select values in field8 it changes the expression value.

What would be possible reasons and solutions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
harshal_hajare
Partner
Partner
Author

I Figured out the issue. I just changed the Name of the field in backend and UI from [Reporting Unit Name New] to [Reporting Unit Name_New]  and its working as expected. I think Qliksense engine couldn't differentiate between [Reporting Unit Name] and [Reporting Unit Name New], hence i added "_" in new field name.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can you try this

Count({1<field1,....field8, date={">=$(Mindt)<=$(maxdt)"}>} customerid)

GaryGiles
Specialist
Specialist

Is it possible that field8 in the expression is misspelled compared to the intended field or it contains the wrong case?  Qlik Sense is case sensitive, so field8 is different than Field8.  If you have a field misspelled in set analysis, it will not give you an error, it just ignores that field and filtering on the intended filter will not be ignored.  Is field8 orange in the expression editor?  If not, it is not a field.

harshal_hajare
Partner
Partner
Author

hi, 

field names are exactly same in script and ui. below is the expression, in which [Reporting Unit Name New]= is  the field not working as expected. upon selection in [Reporting Unit Name New]= filter expression value changes in chart. how ever for all other filters value remains same.

 

Num((Count(distinct{<Year_Cal=,Month_Cal,Quarter_Cal=,[Reporting Group Name New],[Construction Segment Code]=
,[Reporting Unit Name]=,[Reporting Unit Name New]=,[Plan Location Name]=,[BI Region Name]=,[BC Location]=,[GC vs. LS indicator]=
,[Single Term Ind]=,[BC Handled Ind]=,[Effective Year-Month]={">=$(vMax_YYYYMM)<=$(vMax_YYYYMM)"}>}[Customer Coverage Count])/
Count(distinct{<Year_Cal=,Month_Cal,Quarter_Cal=,[Reporting Group Name New], [Construction Segment Code]=
,[Reporting Unit Name]=,[Reporting Unit Name New]=,[Plan Location Name]=,[BI Region Name]=,[BC Location]=,[GC vs. LS indicator]=
,[Single Term Ind]=,[BC Handled Ind]=,[Effective Year-Month]={">=$(vMax_YYYYMM)<=$(vMax_YYYYMM)"}>}[Customer Number Count])),'#,##0.00'),

harshal_hajare
Partner
Partner
Author

I Figured out the issue. I just changed the Name of the field in backend and UI from [Reporting Unit Name New] to [Reporting Unit Name_New]  and its working as expected. I think Qliksense engine couldn't differentiate between [Reporting Unit Name] and [Reporting Unit Name New], hence i added "_" in new field name.