Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreyabel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense Session Access with error: Access Denied

Hi dears, hope everyone be safe in your houses 🙂

I am finishing an App in prototype and going to industrialization and that's why I am including SESSION ACCESS with Reduction (this last one is working fine )

Issue: Some users cannot access the App (error: Access Denied), but other users can. Obviously I have checked like 3 times to make sure the users are into the table of users

How am I loading the Users?: As we have some different countries and each one share/access data, we got different folders in the network and the idea is that any country could see only the information of its on country. That's why I created a file inside this folder where I expect the local "app owners" can include the users they want to have access. When someone needs global access, I am the responsible for giving access and I include the user in the appropriate table where only I have access.

Attached the script and also the files I am using. Could someone give me some direction of where should I start looking for?

Thanks, Andrey

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend having a look at Henric's Design Blog posts on Section Access to be sure you have everything correct there, and you can use the troubleshooting tip of including the Section Access table into the data model to see how things are actually behaving too, pretty sure this should be possible within Qlik Sense too, but I have not tried it myself, sorry.  Most likely this has to do with 'strict exclusion' blocking things, as if a user has no matches in the reduction field, that should lock them out of the application completely, and this is by design, so you need to be certain everyone has a value in the reduction field to ensure they can open the application.  This is a bit tricky to explain via text, but hopefully will make a little sense.  

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend having a look at Henric's Design Blog posts on Section Access to be sure you have everything correct there, and you can use the troubleshooting tip of including the Section Access table into the data model to see how things are actually behaving too, pretty sure this should be possible within Qlik Sense too, but I have not tried it myself, sorry.  Most likely this has to do with 'strict exclusion' blocking things, as if a user has no matches in the reduction field, that should lock them out of the application completely, and this is by design, so you need to be certain everyone has a value in the reduction field to ensure they can open the application.  This is a bit tricky to explain via text, but hopefully will make a little sense.  

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
andreyabel
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Brett_Bleess . I will have a look on that tomorrow in details, run some tests and let you know about the result, ok? I really appreciate your comments 🙂

Kind Regards

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am out tomorrow through next Tuesday, just wanted to let you know, so you would not think I was ignoring you, will shout back when I get back if you have replied.  Hopefully that post and troubleshooting will help, Troy did a Qlik Fix video on how to do it in QlikView, but would be same in Sense, just comment the Section Access line in the script, that will make the table load as part of your visible data model, so you can check your relationships and what happens when you select certain users to see if things are behaving as you expect or not, best way to try to get a quick start on seeing if anything major is wrong.  

The last link at the bottom of Henric's post among the 4 links there is the one to the video, just FYI.

Regards,
Brett

andreyabel
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you again, no worries. Have a great weekend 🙂