Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristopherLopMX
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense app publishing explanation

Hello,

I am new to qliksense and I don't understand how the publishing of the apps work. I mean not in the technical part but rather in the day to day use. What I mean is: If I create an app in qliksense, can I publish like a dashboard that is accessible for anyone? with anyone I mean anyone with some sort of credential base access?  

I used to work in a company where we used qlikview enterprise (the desktop app), and we would build the apps in our computers and then someone will add them to a root folder in a server and with an FormLogin.htm file, user of the information would access the apps, here is a screen shot of who it looked:

ChristopherLopMX_0-1612912344272.png

So I basically want to do that, but I have not idea how, and I think that qliksense kind of is that type of solution, but for what I am getting is that in order for someone to access an app, that person needs to have a qliksense user, so I thought that the Qlik Sense Enterprise model would be ideal, as this seems to me that I would be the "professional" user and then the "Analyzer" would just consume the dashboard of the apps, is that correct? or this is not how it works?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joseph_morales
Creator II
Creator II

Hola @ChristopherLopMX 

Si, puedes crear las apps con tu cuenta en el Hub de qliksense  o en QlikSense Desktop (por desktop implica importar en el QMC el archivo qvf) y publicar uno o varios tableros en un stream para un usuario en especifico o grupo de usuarios, esto por los security rules. Para esto el usuario debe tener una licencia, de acuerdo a tu esquema de licenciamiento puede ser Token, analyzer, profesional, por core, etc.

Si tienes la licencia Professional Access, te permite acceder a las los tableros y crear tableros,  ademas de administrar Qlik Sense server. Con una Analyzer access podras consultar tableros pero no crearlos, puedes crear hojas y visualizaciones en un tablero ya publicado pero limitado a los elementos maestros que definio el desarrollador de ese tablero.

Los streams se crean en el QMC, y requieres un perfil de adminstrador de Qlik Sense Server.

Te recomiendo que hables con tu partner de Qlik, puesto que Qlik Sense Enterprise es la solución on-premise, tambien hay version saas y te podrian guiar con cual es la mejor solución para ti.

Best Regards,
Joseph Morales

View solution in original post

3 Replies
joseph_morales
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @ChristopherLopMX 

In the on-premise version of Qlik Sense, the creation of dashboards can be done from qlik sense desktop, which is a tool similar to QlikView desktop, but requires connecting to a Qlik Sense Enterprise server. The other option in developing from the Qlik Sense Enterprise Hub, the hub is the portal where you can see the boards that you have access to and those that you created in your work area.

Hub login

joseph_morales_0-1612924798802.png 

In the hub you can create applications in your work area.

joseph_morales_1-1612924843729.png

After finishing developing the dashboard, in the Qlik Management Console the administrator will proceed to publish the dashboard, he can also schedule the reload task to update the data. The publication of the dashboard is done in a stream in the hub, a stream is a collection of applications to which a group of users has access.

Stream mark in yellow

joseph_morales_3-1612926038468.png

Access to the stream is governed by the security rules, the stream everyone has a security rule that allows any user who has access to qliksense to see the boards in the stream everyone. You can publish the dashboard in that stream, or create a specific stream for that dashboard and create a security rule so that all users with access to qlik sense can the reports that you publish in that stream.

joseph_morales_2-1612925844990.png

You can also read the qlik help for some more information.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/publish-ap...

Best Regards,
Joseph Morales
ChristopherLopMX
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hola Joseph,

Ok, entonces si es posible crear las apps y luego publicar los tableros a usuarios específicos usando la funcionalidad del stream. ¿Esto siginifica que si yo por ejemplo haga un app y quiero publicarla para un usuario en específico, él tiene que tener acceso a qliksense y yo debo crear un stream solo para él, cierto?

Entonces, el producto de  Qlik Sense Enterprise, es el que yo necesito, pues en él yo como usuario desarrollador puedo crear las apps y luego comprar un usuario de analista y darle esos accesos al usuario. Y si por ejemplo, si yo tengo usuarios diferentes (Ejemplo Director de Marketing vs Directos Financiero), puedo crear todas las apps y tableros desde el hub o el app de qliksense de escritorio y luego crear streams específicos a cada uno. ¿Es así?

Saludos y muchas gracias por tu respuesta, me esta ayudando mucho.  : )

joseph_morales
Creator II
Creator II

Hola @ChristopherLopMX 

Si, puedes crear las apps con tu cuenta en el Hub de qliksense  o en QlikSense Desktop (por desktop implica importar en el QMC el archivo qvf) y publicar uno o varios tableros en un stream para un usuario en especifico o grupo de usuarios, esto por los security rules. Para esto el usuario debe tener una licencia, de acuerdo a tu esquema de licenciamiento puede ser Token, analyzer, profesional, por core, etc.

Si tienes la licencia Professional Access, te permite acceder a las los tableros y crear tableros,  ademas de administrar Qlik Sense server. Con una Analyzer access podras consultar tableros pero no crearlos, puedes crear hojas y visualizaciones en un tablero ya publicado pero limitado a los elementos maestros que definio el desarrollador de ese tablero.

Los streams se crean en el QMC, y requieres un perfil de adminstrador de Qlik Sense Server.

Te recomiendo que hables con tu partner de Qlik, puesto que Qlik Sense Enterprise es la solución on-premise, tambien hay version saas y te podrian guiar con cual es la mejor solución para ti.

Best Regards,
Joseph Morales