Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ca3868077
Contributor II
Contributor II

Receiving Error when referencing measure in another measure when trying to sum

Hello,

1. I have a measure called [RO] which is a summation of several field values from various columns based upon an IF statement.

2. I then have another measure called [RO Fill %] which is a summation of a field divided by the [RO] measure.

3. I now need to make a third measure that states, if [RO Fill %] meets certain criteria (>0, >0<25, >=25<50, >=50<75, >=75), then '1', else '0'.  This will be my flag measure, indicating the ranges that each row falls into.

4. Unfortunately, I then need to make another measure that sums up all those '1's and '0's for each range - this will give me a total of all the rows that fall into each bucket/range.

I receive errors when attempting to create the final (4th) measure, stating that sum() is not valid:

sum([RO Fill % >0<0.25]) -> like that

sum([RO Fill % >=0.25<0.5]) -> and this

sum([RO Fill % >=0.5<0.75]) -> you get the idea

How can I accomplish this?  Or is it not possible? I've tried creating some of them as variables instead of measures, but receive the same errors.

Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Replies