Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharbel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reference line in Bar Chart

Hello,

I have the following bar chart:

Sharbel_2-1694263795908.png

the x-axis in the chart above  shows date value in the highest hierarch (i.e Years), but it can also drill down to lower hierarchies such as Months and calendar days. 

I am trying to add Reference line in the add-ons section (as shown below) that displays Average visits per Hierarchy, but unfortunately couldn't figure out how to calculate an average that is responsive to the hierarchy shown in the chart.  

For example:

When the hierarch shown in the chart is Years (as displayed in the chart above) , then the reference line should show the value of  (430,292/14) = 30,735 visits

and when we drill down to months in year 2022, then the Reference line should show the value of (34,654/12) =  2,887 visits and so on for calendar day hierarchy.

Sharbel_1-1694262985946.png

any ideas? 

Thanks,

Sharbel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sharbel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi @Sohan_Patil 

works perfect

Many thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

you cant add a reference line with an average mesure in a drill down dimension. 

when you swip between Years month or Date , you don't make a selection in this dimensions. 

I will advise to create button with variable to swip between your period dimension Date, week , month etc 

Then you will be able to add a reference line depending of the selected dimension in the variable. 

Regards 

Sohan_Patil
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Sample data of 3 years 

Sohan_Patil_0-1694433193721.png

Sohan_Patil_3-1694433535471.png

after selecting year 2020 then

Sohan_Patil_4-1694433573781.png

reference line expression : 

=If(GetSelectedCount(Year)>0, sum(Visits)/count(distinct Month), sum(Visits)/count(distinct Year))

Sharbel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

the above expression seems to work on two layers of hierarchy ( Year, Month) ,

what the expression would be in case i have three layers of hierarchy (Year, Month, Calendar day)?

Sharbel

Sohan_Patil
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi.

I have added one more field (Days) in the script 

Year 2019 and Month Apr is selected

Sohan_Patil_0-1694589789441.png

Reference line expression:

=If(GetSelectedCount(Year)>0, if(GetSelectedCount(Month)>0,sum(Visits)/count(distinct Days),sum(Visits)/count(distinct Month)), sum(Visits)/count(distinct Year))

Sharbel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi @Sohan_Patil 

works perfect

Many thanks