Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a2dr37ao
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Reordering table load order using apply map

Hi Community,

I know the load sort order is the best and fast way to sorting data. 

So, to ensure a different sort order in the scripting we can use Mapping, Apply Map and Dual function, correct?

Using Mapping and ApplyMap is there any order way to configure sort load order WITHOUT use Dual Function?

Why I want know this?
Using Dual Function we must configure the Order Properties at Sheet View and I understand that this action is not a natural load order.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a2dr37ao
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@swuehl tks for this example that today help me so much.

@Lisa_P  I believe that this post can teache us more aboute load order.https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Customize-sort-order/m-p/1103646#M61579 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Another way is to load the field first in it's own table in the order you want it sorted and then later drop that table. It will continue to keep the symbol table in that order, so that will stay the load order.

a2dr37ao
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Lisa_P yeah I agree with you but in this way we have to create another table and reorder it. So, in cases where the table is really big this pratice wouldn´t be the best approach, do you agree?
My point is: Is threre another way to define a different sort order in the script using Mapping - ApplyMap without use Dual function?

Thanks for help me.
I continuos trying the best approach in everything

a2dr37ao
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@swuehl tks for this example that today help me so much.

@Lisa_P  I believe that this post can teache us more aboute load order.https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Customize-sort-order/m-p/1103646#M61579