Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBarvaux
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Reset variables on qlik sense reload

Solutions in QlikView :

"mark this variable for inclusion in bookmarks and it will survive reloads. (Settings > Document properties > Variables > Settings for Selected Variable > Include in Bookmarks)".

How to do this with Qlik Sense ?

These variables are used in the report to manage the displays.
The values are therefore specific to each user during their session.

The reload done by the QMC, resets these variables, and therefore the user loses his display.

It's normal when I enter a session but it's abnormal during my session

There should be a specification at the level of a variable that says whether the value of the variable is saved after a reload or not. This specification should be available in the "variable imput" extension or in the definition of variables.

Is there anyone in the community who has the same problem?
What solution did you use to get around this problem?

It seems that this is not supported by Qlik Sense. To put it in a future release, the issue needs to be requested by more users.

New remark (23/08/2022):
Actually, to solve the problem, I had to create island tables to put the possible values of the variables in dimensions. This way, instead of entering a variable value, I select a dimension that will be the value of my variable and these dimensions are saved on reload.
The goal of a new version of Qliksense would be to save the variables that have been defined as variables to keep on reload. In this case, table islands would no longer be necessary.
BUT, the creation of bookmark saves the dimensions but not the variables, SO when a bookmark is created, the selected dimensions as well as the variables to keep on reload should be saved in the bookmark .

Bookmark
When creating a bookmark, it would also be very interesting to be able to select the option "Make bookmark apply on top of current selection" (option we have in Qlikview)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

I got confirmation that is is working as intended. I also tested some old versions as November 2020 and the behaviour it the same as May 2022.

As you said, it might be worth to raise an Idea or explore other alternatives as you are already doing.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

So, are you saying that when you are navigating, the variables are changing the value to a diverse value from the default one, then the app reloads in the background and the variables return to the original values once the reload is finished.

Is that correct?

Cheers,

Albert

PBarvaux
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello Albert,

It's correct.

Here is an example of my application.
The table is displayed in Euros by default (variable to EUR). If the company is Romanian, the local currency is RON. The user can change the variable (variable to RON) to see his figures in RON. Then during its analysis, the QMC does a reload. The variable changes back to EUR.

You will also find a video attached.

eyalnir_qlik
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello @Albert_Candelario 

One of my customer also raised ticket same scenario regarding to Reset variables on qlik sense reload,

i was able to reproduce it,  should i open new ticket? is it in progress ?

In addition, attached video shows the scenario

Thanks

Eyal 

Albert_Candelario

Thanks @PBarvaux  @eyalnir_qlik  for your input.

Let us review this topic and we will be back early next week to you and depending on our findings we can proceed on a way or other. For now, is not needed to raise a case with our Support team.

Cheers,

Albert

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Although we have not run into the issue, it would be a good one to have so i would hit the +1 if I could

Albert_Candelario

@PBarvaux @eyal , any chance to share a dummy app, so we can have a further look at this. 

Cheers,

Albert

PBarvaux
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello Albert,

The value of the "Language" variable at creation is FR

You open the application, you see the french label.

If you change the language of the report to English. The view is in English.

If you do a reload by the QMC, the variable takes the value 'FR'

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for the sample app, we will have a look at this topic. I keep you posted.

Cheers,

Albert

PBarvaux
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

The Qlik Sense documentation on performance optimization I find the following action:

• Data islands can be useful, but they usually affect performance. If you create islands for selection values, use variables.

To solve the problem of the loss of values of a variable during reloading, I use precisely these data islands. I have indeed noticed a degradation of performance