Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srini
Creator
Creator

Running Total using Rangesum

Hi Friends,

Very good Day!

I am using the below expression to get the running accumulative total till current month. 

Rangesum(above(Count({$<DueMonthName = {"<$(=Date(Today(), 'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>}[Issue id]),0,RowNo()))

I am getting the result till current month but for rest of future months it is taking the current month total instead of zero.

8 Replies
premvihari
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Rangesum will show sum of the values of all the rows above with current row.. Please note that below expression will show 0 for future months hence range sum will repeat the same value as of current month for the following months. Count({$}[Issue id])

premvihari
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Rangesum will show sum of the values of all the rows above with current row.. Please note that below expression will show 0 for future months hence range sum will repeat the same value as of current month for the following months.
Count({$<DueMonthName = {"<$(=Date(Today(), 'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>}[Issue id])

srini
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Prem,

But the expression is only giving the particular month count. I need to have the running total i.e. previous month count should be added to the current month. 

miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Can you post the base table showing only month, it's actual count and the running total count.

srini
Creator
Creator
Author

please have look. running total error1.JPG

miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

post the column  for expression: Count({$<DueMonthName = {"<$(=Date(Today(), 'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>}[Issue id])

this will give you the count for every month and from this we can debug it further.

Or else post the sample app

srini
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Friend,

I am ultimately looking for this output. 

Output table from excel

output from excel.JPG

Right now I am getting this one in Qlik Sense

table from Qlik Sense.JPG

I have used the 

Expression: 

First measure: Rangesum(above(Count({$<DueMonthName = {"<$(=Date(Today(), 'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>}[Issue id]),0,RowNo()))

Second measure: Count(Total([Issue id]))-Rangesum(above(Count({$<DueMonthName = {"<$(=Date(Today(), 'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>}[Issue id]),0,RowNo()))

but it is not giving me the desired output. Really appreciate your help!

srini
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Friends, 

I have tried a bit with following expression I have got positive result but it is not showing exactly.

Rangesum(above(Count({$<DueMonthName = {"<$(=Date(Today(), 'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>}[Issue id]),0,RowNo()), IF(DueMonthName = MonthName(Today()),0))

Result:

half of the result.JPG

the cumulative is taken for Aug 2019 only. Then again it starts from November 2019. it is not consecutive.