Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alopez
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access for Specific Users Only

I am trying to do section access for only a specific user but all other users with access to the app I would like to grant full access. Is there a simple way of doing this without managing users in two places?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if this is really expedient because granting an app-access and applying a vertical/horizontal data-control against the data-set are different things and should it be - as parts of a chain of security measurements. Mixing them will rather increase the complexity and any risks and not leading to less work or an easy workflow.

In many scenarios the use of a section access don't need much management efforts because by using (nested) user-groups instead of single users it's not needed to specify each one explicitly - respectively the work is outsourced to the IT / HR department or whatever management-level should be responsible. Such approach may not need any extra work else the users could inherit the rights from their team/department from the company start and by any moving within the company to their deactivation by ending the job.

alopez
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That's true, Marcus. I don't have groups enabled, but a good idea to add.