Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jay_jiang_2024
Contributor II
Contributor II

Select values matching search criteria

Qlik Sense ->BUTTON -> Select values matching search criteria when no data is get , then Qlink sense show all data, i think is just need show blank not show all ,do anyone could help to answer and correct  it

Labels (1)
7 Replies
marcus_sommer

It has nothing to do with the button else how selections are working and the result is correct and behaved like intended - and IMO it's expedient. Just use a normal list-box/filter-pane and try to apply a selection with a non-existing value. Because of the fact that this value doesn't exists no TRUE/FALSE flag could be set and the selection will be ignored. 

jay_jiang_2024
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

use filter-pane instead of button ?

marcus_sommer

The hint with selecting the wanted values per filter-pane was meant to make it more visible and obvious how the selections are working.

But beside of this I suggest not to use any actions to select any values. The native selection-feature with it's green/white/grey coloring is the most simple way to navigate through the data - everything else adds only efforts and complexity within the application by (usually) dis-improving the usability.

jay_jiang_2024
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

it's green/white/grey coloring is the most simple way, but in the sheet have a table,When the selected data is 0 records, all data is now displayed,i think it's not Suitable,and i don't know how to modify it.

marcus_sommer

If the wanted selection values/searches couldn't be applied it means that there no associated data respectively no records anywhere. Nothing will change within the views and make it very clear that there are no data in regard to the last selection.

IMO this behaviour is expedient with a good balance of clarity for the users - and showed exemplarily why actions with buttons are most often a dis-improvement because the user couldn't really comprehend what the actions tries to trigger.

If the users are confused it should be considered to extend the documentation of the application and the single objects as well as to train the users to interpret the data properly. Further helpful could be re-think the entire data-model, for example to populate missing data.

Beside of this it's a not uncommon behaviour in many tools - if you take Excel with a data-set and an auto-filter and trying to filter for a non-existing value you couldn't finish this measurement because the button is out-greyed. If it are numeric values and you apply >= or similar - the behaviour changed from a selection to a query with a where-clause and then it may result in ZERO records. And that is a fundamental switch in the approach based on complete different functionality and of course with appropriate dependencies and consequences.

Pure technically you may reach a similar behaviour if you don't use selections else variables which values are then queried per if-loops within the object. I wouldn't recommend to go this way.

jay_jiang_2024
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

If there is no data, the table displays all the data and the button is disabled, but where does the prompt message for the user appear?

marcus_sommer

There should be no extra prompt-message - that the selection couldn't be applied is message enough.