Did you mean: 
Ori
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis Within Set Analysis

hi everyone,

the following set analysis fails to give the right output :

count({<subject_action = {"=count(distinct sys_id) >= $(vMinTicketCount)"},

subject_action = {"=(count(distinct opened_at_ym)/$(=count(total distinct opened_at_ym))) >=                                                          $(vParticipationThreshold)"}>}

distinct sys_id)

it takes only the second part of it into account (marked with bold).

tried to include the first part inside the second set analysis but I guess I'm missing an apostrophe or something.

hopefully some expert here can help.

thanks!!!  

Labels (1)
2 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ori 

You can match multiple items against a field in set analysis by comma separating the values you are matching, rather than repeating the field. So what you require may be:

count({<subject_action = {"=count(distinct sys_id) >= $(vMinTicketCount)","=(count(distinct opened_at_ym)/$(=count(total distinct opened_at_ym))) >=                                                          $(vParticipationThreshold)"}>}

I'm slightly confused as to what this is doing though. What values are contained in the subject_action field that you are trying to match to?

Always the best way to test set analysis is to create a table with any fields referenced in the set analysis as the dimension (in this case subject_action) and you can then see which are matched. To see those that are not matched you need to add a second expression with just count(subject_action) to show all possible values in that field.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Ori
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

apparently its as simple as adding "and" between the conditions :

count({<$(=$(vAggSelector)) = {"=(Count(distinct sys_id) / count(total <$(=$(vTotalDimension))> distinct  $(=$(vOpenatPeriod)))) >= $(vAvgPerPeriod)
and (count(distinct $(=$(vOpenatPeriod)))/$(=count(total <$(=$(vTotalDimension))> distinct $(=$(vOpenatPeriod))))) >= $(vParticipationThreshold) "}>}         
        distinct sys_id)/count(distinct sys_id)