Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Set Analysis not working for Only on If condition

Hi,

I am looking to get different dimension values based on same ranking. So, I have created an inline view with Dim and Exp by assigning a value to each dim.

Load * Inline
[
dim, exp
'Style', '1'
'Colour', '2'
'Min Range of Month', '3'
'RRP', '4'

];

And I am looking to bring the corresponding values thru if statement on Straight table

KMD_1-1713153506177.png

The below expression is not working as expected,

if(exp='1',only(if(Aggr(rank(sum(total <[Style Colour]> [Sales Amount]),4),[Style Colour]) = 1, [Style])),

if(exp='2', only(if(aggr(rank(sum(total <[Style Colour]> [Sales Amount]),4),[Style Colour]) = 1, [Colour])),

if(exp='3', only(if(aggr(rank(sum(total <[Style Colour]> [Sales Amount]),4),[Style Colour]) = 1, [Min Range Month])),
if(aggr(rank(sum(total <[Style Colour]> [Sales Amount]),4),[Style Colour]) = 1, Sum([Sales Amount]))
)
)
)

Can you please check my set analysis and advise why it's not working for other values. 

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

This case you need reverse way against Dimension not expression, something like this

if(exp='1', If(dim='Style', ......) // Please remove Only(), not sure the usage for you.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
KMD
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks @Anil_Babu_Samineni ,

I even tried giving in the following way but still ending up with the same Answer.

KMD_0-1713171596193.png

if(dim='Style',only(if(aggr(rank(sum(total <[Style Colour]> [Sales Amount]),4),[Style Colour]) = 1, [Style])),

if(dim='Colour', only(if(aggr(rank(sum(total <[Style Colour]> [Sales Amount]),4),[Style Colour]) = 1, [Colour] )),
only(if(aggr(rank(sum(total <[Style Colour]> [Sales Amount]),4),[Style Colour]) = 1, [Min Range Month]))
)
)

And If I remove only () function it is not showing any values in the table. I believe with this only() I am able to match up the possible value as the calculated dimension.

Also I observe, the above expression works only when exp=1 or dim='Style', If I give any other value in the if condition as 1st one in the expression, it is showing all nulls instead of printing it beside Colour in dim.

if(dim='Colour', only(if(aggr(rank(sum(total <[Style Colour]> [Sales Amount]),4),[Style Colour]) = 1, [Colour] ))) 

KMD_1-1713172612155.png

Just wondering if there is anything wrong in considering the inline view?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I guess, the condition is matching only to the first attribute. What this is returning as new expression in the same table?

only(if(aggr(rank(sum(total <[Style Colour]> [Sales Amount]),4),[Style Colour]) = 1, [Colour]))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
KMD
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It's bringing up for only first attribute.

KMD_0-1713223519021.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

please share some data set and application to check in detail.