Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alliedarmour
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis overriting filter criteria

Hey,

once again (and hopefully the last time for now) a question regarding set analysis.

I have a really simple set expression, where I only want to include records with two matching dates (which are in seperate tables, but associated by the key field):

Sum({$<Leistungskatalog = {"*"}, FallBewegungKey = {"=Leistungsdatum = BewegungDatum"}>} AnzahlLeistung)

The values which are generated by this expressions are correct, however if I select a value for the Leistungskatalog field, it still uses the filter, although I explicitly set it to {"*"}.

If I delete the second condition, it's working fine and the selection in this field is ignored:

Sum({$<Leistungskatalog = {"*"}>} AnzahlLeistung)

Any ideas how to get this working? 

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This is how it's supposed to work - a defined value is meant to override any selections. You can use *= to get the intersection of the full set ("*") with the selection, if that's what you're after here?

The second part with the dates doesn't maje much sense to me. I think it would evaluate to either true of false since you're checking of two dates are identical. Is FallBewegungKey a true/false field?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @alliedarmour ,

I think you should ignore the Leistungskatalog field selections as below:

Sum({$<Leistungskatalog, Leistungskatalog = {"*"}, FallBewegungKey = {"=Leistungsdatum = BewegungDatum"}>} AnzahlLeistung)

I hope it can helps.

Best Regards

alliedarmour
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey @Or ,

1. Yeah. but it doesn't override the current selection if I add the date comparison. In other words If I use the first Set expression and then select a value for Leistungskatalog, it applies this filter and "overrides" the * selection with the selected value.

2. No, it's not a true/false field - I want to include all records (it's like an ID field) which have matching dates in those two date fields. 

alliedarmour
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply, but still not working - seems to be the date comparison somehow breaks it.

Or
MVP
MVP

There is no date comparison... your set isn't checking a range, it's comparing the two dates?

alliedarmour
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm relatviely new to Qlik - so I want to get those keys / records which have matching date values in the two fields, If those match, add the record to the set - is this the wrong way?

marcus_sommer

What you are trying to do with:

=Leistungsdatum = BewegungDatum

isn't a set analysis else a (separate) if-loop which of course will consider the set selections.

I suggest to re-think the used data-model if it's really suitable for your view-requirements. Officially recommended is to apply a star-scheme with a single-fact table and n dimension-tables.

By having multiple date-fields you may also need multiple calendars and/or also a canonical calendar and/or as-of-tables and/or including various (pre-) calculation within the facts or the dimensions, for example subtracting the date-values against each other to create their differences as offset-values and the above expression may look like:

Sum({$<Leistungskatalog = {"*"}, DateOffset = {0}>} AnzahlLeistung)