Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GavK
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis to report "Select Excluded"

Hi All

I'm trying to create a report so show "Select Excluded" ie Dark Grey in the filter with the tick next to the value as a result of using Select Possible/ Select Excluded

GavK_0-1720443984029.png

I've created this measure 

Count({1<[Requirement Part Id]=E([Requirement Part Id]),[Requirement Work Order Base Id]>}Distinct[Requirement Work Order Base Id]) which shows the light grey values

But its the dark grey with the ticks (In Qlik terminology, "Select Excluded") that I'm after. 

GavK_1-1720444210378.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Scotchy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi GavK,

Here is a refined approach to achieve the desired result:

Measure to Count "Select Excluded" Values

Count({1<[Requirement Part Id]=E({1<[Requirement Part Id]=P([Requirement Part Id])>}), [Requirement Work Order Base Id]>} DISTINCT [Requirement Work Order Base Id])

Explanation

1. {1<[Requirement Part Id]=E(...)}>: This part uses the E() function to exclude selected values of [Requirement Part Id].
  2. {1<[Requirement Part Id]=P([Requirement Part Id])>}: This part uses the P() function to include only the possible values of [Requirement Part Id].
  3. Combining E() and P(): The combination ensures you are targeting values that are excluded but would be possible if the current selections were cleared, thus reflecting the "Select Excluded" state.

Example

Assume you have a dataset with [Requirement Part Id] and [Requirement Work Order Base Id]. This measure will count the distinct [Requirement Work Order Base Id] where [Requirement Part Id] is in the "Select Excluded" state (dark grey with ticks).

Usage

Add this measure to your Qlik Sense chart or table to display the count of [Requirement Work Order Base Id] in the "Select Excluded" state. This should provide the desired result, showing the dark grey values with ticks.