Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PamelaAlcantara
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set Analysis with missing dates

Hi All,

I am trying to get the count of the items where the open date is not missing and the Close date is missing.

ItemOpen DateClose date
16/5/2020 
26/4/2020 
36/3/20206/4/2020
46/2/20206/3/2020
56/1/20206/2/2020
65/31/2020 
86/5/2020 
96/4/2020 
116/5/20206/6/2020
126/4/20206/5/2020

I have tried the following

Count({<FIRST_OPEN_HSC_DATE={"*"},FIRST_CLOSE_HSC_DATE-={"*"}>}FIRST_CLOSE_HSC_DATE) 

and also

Count({<FIRST_OPEN_HSC_DATE={"*"},FIRST_CLOSE_HSC_DATE=e({<FIRST_CLOSE_HSC_DATE= {'*'}>})>}FIRST_OPEN_HSC_DATE) 

I don't have a problem with this first part (Open Date), but I can not get the right count of items where the close date is missing.

How can I count missing values on a set analysis?

Thank you so much

Pamela

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PamelaAlcantara
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was finally able to solve it, the trick was to add 1-& before the second expression

Count({<Open Date={"=len([Open Date])>0"}>}{1-$<Close Date={"=len([Close Date])>0"}>}[Item]),

Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

@PamelaAlcantara 

May be :

=count({<[Open Date]={"=len([Open Date]) > 0"},[Close date]={"=len([Close date]) = 0"}>} Item)

output:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
PamelaAlcantara
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Taoufiq_Zarra 

Unfortunately, I still can not get right count every time I tried to apply the formula 

[Close date]={"=len([Close date]) = 0"}

I get no values, if I change the formula to 

[Close date]={"len([close date])>0") I get the right classification and count, but with =0 I get nothing.

Taoufiq_Zarra

@PamelaAlcantara 

can you share  what's not working?

Attached the qliksense file

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
PamelaAlcantara
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was finally able to solve it, the trick was to add 1-& before the second expression

Count({<Open Date={"=len([Open Date])>0"}>}{1-$<Close Date={"=len([Close Date])>0"}>}[Item]),

Thank you so much!