Vinn_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Suppress rows/nulls in qlik sense

Hi All, @sunny_talwar 

I have a requirement like - there is one field which has three values 

Field Name : Status

Values : Plan,confirm,close

Now I dont want to load volumes associated to 'close'. Hence, I restricted while loading into <>close .

But the values associated to 'Close' status in UI straight table are still coming up,value under field Status showing as '-'(Close status one's).

When I try to suppress NULLS in UI, it is supressing other Nulls as well. I dont want to supress all the nulls but I want to supress only records associated to Close status.

Can anybody help me pls.Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Madhur
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Vinn_Qlik

If you are putting a filter in the where clause of the load statement then complete row will not be loaded in the table where status = 'close'. I believe that 'volumes ' is present in other table and it is not able to find the associated status. So you have to handle that.

Vinn_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Madhur ,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, volumes are from different multiple tables not from the status table. Could you pls suggest me or share your thoughts on how to handle the associated values, I have been trying multiple ways but couldnt fix it. Appreciate if you share inputs.

Regards,

Ravi

Madhur
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Vinn_Qlik ,

What you can try is apply filter  -> "where Status <> 'close' "in the table containing status description, and apply filter "where Exists(%StatusID)" on all the tables from where  'value' details are flowing. '%StatusID' is the key column used for association between table. If it is still not working please share the qvs or qvf . 

Vinn_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Madhur 

Thanks for sharing your valuable inputs. much appreciated.  

Now, data has been restricted at the Date ware house and no action is required from Qlik end. Thanks once again.

Regards,

Ravi