Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucas3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set a button to show only null values within a field

Hi all,

I have a field named "Status" and I would like to set a button so that when one clicks it, it filters out all non null "Status" values, so that I only keep null Status. I tried it with "select values matching search criteria" action but it doesn't work 😞

Can you help me solve this please ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

You could use a mapping load for this, since your table only has two fields. That'd probably be the easiest approach.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This is not directly possible, as null values can't be selected. You could work around this issue e.g. by adding a field in which you replace the null values with a non-null value and filter on that field, or by filtering on another field (which has non-null values) based on a formula which checks the Status field for nulls.

lucas3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It is what I thought, thank you

I tried to add a value to my other fields but I am not sure of how to achieve that.

Let's say I have a big table with a lot of fields, one of them named "Accounts".
I have another table with only two fields: "Accounts" and "Status".
Thing is not all the Accounts in the first Table are necessarily in the second (not all the Accounts have a Status)
I tried to join the two tables using a left join and by loading the status field with the following line:
if(Status=null(),0,Status) as Status
but it doesnt work !

How to achieve that please ?

Or
MVP
MVP

You could use a mapping load for this, since your table only has two fields. That'd probably be the easiest approach.