Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II

Set analysis with If statement creating a list to compare with

Hi Folks,

I try to do a set anaylsis, where I compare a dimension based upon the result of an If Statement to a list of values.

I tried different variations of =Only({<COL={$(=If($(vLeftCol)=1,'1,3,5','2,4,6'))}>} COL), but didn't succeed.

In principle the Dimension COL can have values from 1 to 6 and if the variable vLeftCol = 1, then I Need the Statement to return 1, 3, 5 and otherwise it Needs to return 2, 4 and 6.

It would be great, if somebody had an idea how to solve this.

Best regards,

Dirk

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I found the solution.

Simply 

=Only({<COL={$(=If($(vLeftCol)=1,'1,3,5','2,4,6'))}>} COL)

is doing the trick.

Thank you very much for your help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Where do you want to use this expression? KPI or chart expression or a calculated dimension? A bit of context would be helpful.

dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I want to use the set Analysis in a KPI (gauge) and I need to filter the correct columns. In order to make it easier understandable, I extracted the relevant part.

dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If  $[vLeftCol)=1, then I want to get the results as shown in the table below 🤔

COL

Only({<set analysis>} COL

-

-

-

tresesco
MVP
MVP

With only this condition, you should use if statement, that would neither require set analysis nor only(). The way you are trying to write the set expression - seems would not work. If you could share a sample app with data and explain the complete expression scenario, we might help better.

dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Okay I try to explain it in a different way.

What I want to do is a set analysis, where I compare the Dimension COL depending on the value of the variable $(vLeftCol).

So if $(vLeftCol)=1, I want to have the set analysis doing COL={1,3,5) and otherwise I want to have the set Analysis checking for COL={2,4,6).

The full Expression is pretty lengthy, so I would prefer not to do it with an if statement enclosing it.

The Expression Only({<COL={$(=If($(vLeftCol)=1,1,2))}>} COL), but I would like to have it working for 3 and 5 as well.

dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I found the solution.

Simply 

=Only({<COL={$(=If($(vLeftCol)=1,'1,3,5','2,4,6'))}>} COL)

is doing the trick.

Thank you very much for your help.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Define another variable like:

vCondSet=If($(vLeftCol)=1, '1,3,5', '2,4,6'))

and then use this vCondSet in set analysis.