Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set unique date ranges on sheets?

I am currently working on an app that will have several sheets within it. The app draws several years worth of data from a view in our Microsoft SQL Server. While each sheet requires the data from the same view, many of them have unique date range requirements. Some example date ranges I need include:

• A week-over-week report
  • A month-over-month report
  • A year-over-year report
  • A month-to-date report
  • A weekly report

Since these sheets are all a part of the same app, it looks like I cannot use the load editor to get the date ranges I need. This leads me to believe that a set analysis is what I need. Reading the documentation for set analysis, it appears that it works only on a single field. If I have 10 fields I need to display in a report, would I need to do a set analysis on each field? Is there any way to do a set a date range for all fields in a given table?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If by fields you are referring measure columns, then yup you would need to add the set analysis into the expression for each measure.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If by fields you are referring measure columns, then yup you would need to add the set analysis into the expression for each measure.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I had assumed that there would be a way to do it for a sheet or table and wanted to verify before I dove in. Thank you for your reply!