Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Setting Only One Selected Value on a Hidden Field

Hi,

I'm looking to create a toggle using a field so I can use a filter (VizLib's filter, to be precise) to toggle. I don't want this in the selections bar, so I have it hidden.

I now want to make this field Always One Selected Value, but because it is not on the fields list I can't get to the dialog to make this only one selected.

Does anyone have any ideas how this should be done?

To work around it I have commented out the Hide Prefix statement, set the only one selected tickbox and then un-commented in the load and run again.

This seems like a convoluted way around something that should be simple.

Steve

Labels (4)
3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Hi Steve - 

I am not sure what the difference is or if I even understood your issue, but when I create a VizLib Filter object for a hidden field... I am able to see the option to make it One selected value

image.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

I must confess to not spotting the option on the VizLib Filter until after I posted the message. This seems to work independently of the One Selected Value functionality in Sense, and applies the selection only when the extension is rendered. If I had spotted the functionality I probably would have used that.

It seems that there should be a way of enforcing only one selected on hidden fields without using a specific extension.

The trick of removing the Hide Prefix, setting the tick box, and putting Hide Prefix back on worked a treat. Just had to wait for a couple of reloads to go through.

Steve

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @stevedark did you ever got a good solution for this problem?