cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickedw0
Creator
Creator

Share Filter for multiple tables

I have a container with two chart tables. Each chart tabulates data from unrelated tables. I want to use a filter which can be used to filter a field from each of the two tables, depending on which report is chosen. So if i choose report 1 from tab1 , i want the filter to use a field from table 1, If I choose report 2, the filter should use a field from table 2. 

Since i can't overlay filters, this would be to do double duty with a single filter. Because screen space is limited,  i do not want to use 2 separate filters. I have tried: =Pick(Match(ReportTitle,'Report1','Report2'),tbl1LookupField,tbl2LookupField). but the filter dropdown does not populate.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nickedw0
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry Vizlib! The real bug was that one of the referenced fields came from an empty table. Once I added an empty row, the dropdown for the other fields (from populated tables) worked fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
nickedw0
Creator
Creator
Author

Seems like the listed formula works in QlikSense filter but only with 2 items in Vizlib filter.

avinashelite

Create a data Island in the script and you could  use the same in the front end 

nickedw0
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry Vizlib! The real bug was that one of the referenced fields came from an empty table. Once I added an empty row, the dropdown for the other fields (from populated tables) worked fine.