Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewcraven
Contributor II
Contributor II

SharePoint Access Denied with Wildcard Scrape

Using QlikView May 2021 SR1, SharePoint 2016

Example Load script:

Table1:
LOAD
@1 as [field1],
@2 as [field2]
//// @n as [fieldn]...
FROM
[\\someurl.somedomain.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\folder\subfolder\*.csv]
(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is ',', no quotes, header is 1 lines, no eof);

This works on my desktop, and it works in Qlik designer in the production server environment when logged in as the service account. It even works when run via QMC in our QA/Dev environment, but it does not work in our Production environment over QMC (both Dev and Prod use the same service account).  Only Prod QMC fails with an Access Denied message.  I can navigate to the SP Site / List with a web browser as the service account (in both Prod and QA/Dev), so it's not a SharePoint permissions issue (so far as i can tell).  I checked our Trusted Sites in Prod vs QA/Dev and they match.

I feel like we've ruled out the usual suspects, and I also suspect it has something to do with the "@SSL" bit, but I don't know what else to toggle.  I don't believe it's a "Qlik" problem, but rather some down-deep hidden environment problem.  Any ideas what else it could be? 

Labels (1)
2 Replies
andrewcraven
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Addendum:  it seems this methodology is not working reliably when logged into server as service account and using qlik desktop designer.  90% sure it was working yesterday during my troubleshooting. Now is throwing an Access Denied message.  

andrewcraven
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Second Addendum:  in prod server environment, if I navigate to the folder path from the load script in my original post, it prompts me for credentials.  i enter service account credentials and can enter the folder and see my files.  THEN if i run the load script in desktop designer, it works.  so it's got to be related to the @sabrina_salazar\DavWWWRoot bit...is not SSL'ing.